Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weight Loss Plan

So I've decided to make a pact with myself to try and lose weight. Obesity is obviously a huge problem in the world (or America at least) so I'm joining those other millions in trying to change that fact. After watching Biggest Loser for how many years, I've always been inspired but I've never done anything. So I'm finally getting off the couch and changing my life. This includes cutting computer time, eating healthier, and exercising more. It's not that I want to lose weight and be super skinny, I just want to be healthy. I'm always a little reluctant to start exercising, but after I do, I feel great (and I CAN eat that cookie and not feel all that guilty :D)

Exercising doesn't have to be rigorous workouts for two hours. It could just be dancing, or hoola-hooping, or jump roping. Just something you love that gets your heart rate pumping. And eating healthier doesn't mean cutting down to just veggies and tofu. It means creating the right portions, getting your food pyramid in, and cutting back on how much you eat fast food and fats. It's all about making the right choices. It's okay to have something fattening--just not a lot of it.

It's going to be tough, but I'm dedicating myself to it. Hopefully other people will too. My inspiring story--when I went for a physical one year, they said I could have a chance of diabetes. That year, I worked out a lot, and when I went for my physical the next year, they said I lost 64 pounds and drastically reduced my chance of diabetes.

It was really nice to hear, and that made me feel really good. I felt better that year than I had ever before. So my goal is to lose more weight and just feel happier :D

No comments:

Post a Comment